Head of Pastoral Care (for the 2023/24 school year)
Posted on 23/02/2023
- Lead, manage and have strategic goals of the implementation of Pastoral Care System;
- Ensure school policies and procedures related to the pastoral systems are clearly understood, followed by all staff and are updated on a regular and timely basis;
- Deal with students’ serious discipline issues, liaise with parents and staff on concerns with individual students and take appropriate follow-up action if necessary;
- Provide guidance, training and supervision to colleagues on all pastoral matters;
- Identify and support the training needs of staff so as to promote their personal and professional development;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the School.
- Hold a Bachelor degree or above in the relevant discipline and received appropriate teacher training;
- Possess at least 4 years of teaching school experience with proven ability to successfully deliver the curriculum in a primary or secondary school providing a full curriculum and coordinate the work of teachers;
- Possess relevant working experience is preferred;
- Undertaken at least 40 hours of management training (preferable in the course on Management and Leadership for Heads of Guidance and Discipline Teams, commissioned by the EDB) within the previous 3 years;
- Possess excellent language abilities in English;
- Be cheerful, positive and self-motivated;
- Passed the Basic Law and National Security Law Test as required by the EDB.
Please send your full Curriculum Vitae with your current and expected salary to us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to “ELCHK Lutheran Academy, 25 Lam Hau Tsuen Road, Yuen Long, New Territories”, attention to the Chief Principal. Please mark “Application for Head of Pastoral Care (for the 2023/24 school year)” on the subject line of the email or on the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.