Head of Sciences (for the 2023/24 school year)
Posted on 23/02/2023
Head of Sciences shall line-manage the members of the subject group of Sciences. In addition to the responsibilities as classroom teachers, he/ she is responsible for the organization and management of all aspects of the teaching, assessment, reporting and resourcing within the science group. He/she is expected to manage and co-ordinate the activities of the teachers in the subject group and lead them as an efficient, productive unit.
- Teach and lead the subject group of Sciences;
- Organize and manage all aspects of the teaching, assessment, reporting and resourcing within the subject department;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the School.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold a Bachelor degree or above in the relevant discipline and received appropriate teacher training (holder of Master Degree is an added advantage);
- Possess a good track record of science subject teaching;
- Well versed with the curricula and possess related working experience;
- Possess excellent language abilities in English; ability to communicate in Cantonese/ Mandarin is an added advantage;
- Be cheerful, positive and self-motivated;
- Passed the Basic Law and National Security Law Test as required by the EDB.
How to Apply?
Apply through email
Please send your full Curriculum Vitae with your current and expected salary to us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to “ELCHK Lutheran Academy, 25 Lam Hau Tsuen Road, Yuen Long, New Territories”, attention to the Chief Principal. Please mark “Application for Head of Sciences (for the 2023/24 school year)” on the subject line of the email or on the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.